8556 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Weird alerts from HP Proliant Servers Base MP

sajad mohammed
Occasional Contributor

Weird alerts from HP Proliant Servers Base MP

Hi,

Hope you can help us out on this. I have some weird alerts appearing in SCOM R2 for a couple of our HP DL360 G7's. We are using the HP Proliant Servers Base Management Pack v1.0.33.0 and getting the below critical states when viewing health explorer.

HP Rack Infrastructure Interface Service needs restarting
HP Proliant Remote Monitor Service needs restarting
HP Proliant ILO Passthrough Service needs restarting

The above services do not exist on the servers which I believe are related to Blade Servers. Googled it and could not find anything other than starting the System Management HomePage and the HP Event Notifier service on the servers. Recalculated health and this hasn't cleared it. I suppose I could override the monitor for the servers concerned, but rather not do this.

Is there for a fix for this ?

Many thanks

Sajad
2 REPLIES 2
sajad mohammed
Occasional Contributor

Re: Weird alerts from HP Proliant Servers Base MP

Just an update here. It looks like the servers are not getting discovered properly and are being seen as Blade servers. Can HP provide an up to date management pack ?

Sajad
jvu
Occasional Advisor

Re: Weird alerts from HP Proliant Servers Base MP

Hi Sajad,

The ProLiant Server MP version in your email is an old version. Please update your management pack to the latest HP ProLiant Server MP.

See the following link to download:

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPSCOMMP-P

Please also make sure you are running the appropriate ProLiant Support Pack version for the G7 360├в s. You can find the supported PSP├в s at HP├в s web site (www.hp.com).

Thanks.