1752781 Members
5981 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

What Server do I have ???

stevewolf58
Occasional Contributor

What Server do I have ???

I have searched high and low on my server but cannot seems to find really what it is. 

When I pull out the tag it says MXQ94401V0, it also says E5504 on it. (chassis)

I need Video drivers for this system ( those that come from MS are vary limited) I have 2003 server installed on it.

I have tried to detect the comptuer not hing. I have tried to put in SN and mdel type (guessing E5504 is model) and nothing. Can someone help me out with this. Its frustrating not being able to find the info I need on the site.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: What Server do I have ???

>It's frustrating not being able to find the info I need on the site.

This is a peer to peer forum, not an official HP support site.

Searching at the main hp.com site for E5504 shows some interesting links pointing to Proliant ML G6 series:

Content starts here

Please select a product for better results: HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Server series »  HP ProLiant ML150 G6 E5504 1P 2GB-U Non-hot Plug 250GB SATA 460W PS Svr/S-Bu »  HP ProLiant ML150 G6 E5504 1P 2GB-U P410/ZM Hot Plug SAS/SATA 460W PS Server

HP ProLiant ML330 G6 Server series »  HP ProLiant ML330 G6 E5504 1P 2GB-R Non-hot Plug SATA 250GB 460W PS Entry Server

HP ProLiant ML350 G6 Server series »  HP ProLiant ML350 G6 E5504 1P 4GB-R P410i/ZM 460W RPS Tower Server

stevewolf58
Occasional Contributor

thanks for that it narrows it down a bit.

Does anyone know if there is a number that can be called to see exactly what this system Is. We dont have support so I dont know if they will talk to me about how to find out what this system is ??

Ralph Frampton
Frequent Advisor

The model type is normally noted on the front, a label on the side/back and/or inside the top cover some where. Have you checked the front sides / mounting flanges (eg. some times you'll see a model designation Gx there).

If the System Mgmt Homepage & Insight Mgmt Agents are installed then you should be able to identify the server that way as well (eg. Home  »  System Configuration  »  System Summary). That page in SNMP mode includes:

• Product
  • OS
  • Machine ID (System Board)
  • Serial Number
  • Product Number
  • Asset Tag (if someone has added it's corporate asset label info into the applicable BIOS section)

RF