1748345 Members
4937 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

What happened to Event Notifier?

dsegel
Occasional Advisor

What happened to Event Notifier?

It doesn't seem to get installed with PSP8.30 or later even if I use SmartStart to set up my new servers. On my old servers I relied on EN to page me when things like disks failed. Is there a replacement? Some other way I can configure notifications via email for HW failures?
6 REPLIES 6
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Event Notifier?

Check your server model and then the specific OS you're running. There are some Event Notifiers for newer disk controllers located there:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Product.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodCatId=241435

Rgds,
dsegel
Occasional Advisor

OK, that covers disks, but what about power supplies, fans, RAM, CPU, and other things that can fail? Surely there's some way of getting notification of other HW failures. Did HP really discontinue the Event Notifier program?
cnb
Honored Contributor

No they didn't do away with Event Notification. Maybe 8.30 isn't supported on your specific server?

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/c-products/servers/management/smartstart/SSWhatsNew8.30.pdf

You never indicated which Proliant and OS...

1) Server Model that you're trying to install/update PSP 8.30 on?

2) OS Version the Server is running?

Rgds,

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

;-)

dsegel
Occasional Advisor

Servers are all DL360 G6 and DL380 G6. OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 primarily, with a few that are W2K8 x86.
dsegel
Occasional Advisor

Just an FYI in case anyboldy finds this thread via search - the disk controller event software mentioned above only reports event to the Windows system log; it doesn't/can't actually do any notofication via email.
dsegel
Occasional Advisor

OK, one last comment - with PSP8.40 the Event Notifier seems to be back on all servers. I think 8.30 just didn't have the 64-bit version available.