cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I use the smartstart cd my system it doesn't boot

Jorge_76
Occasional Visitor

When I use the smartstart cd my system it doesn't boot

that I have to make so that it can start up with the smartstart 5.50 in server ML330? it begins to begin with the smartstar and then it is hung and of there it doesn't already pass. I update the version from the BIOS by version 4.07 D03-11/15/2002. or where can find information on this problem?
5 REPLIES
Stuart_45
Advisor

Re: When I use the smartstart cd my system it doesn't boot

Try using SmartStart version 6.x or 7.x
Jorge_76
Occasional Visitor

it shows me a message that version is not supported that it uses the version 5.50.
I have tried version 4.90 to 5.50 showing the same problem. show the following error:

an unrecoverable error occurred while runing SmartStart

Error Code 76

Press any key to restart SmartStart

SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Jorge,

Here you go..
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/cd_supportinfo/cd_supportinfo.html

Click on "Smart Start Server CD Support Matrix" and you will find that Proliant ML330 G2 only supports Smart Start 6.0 and above...not 5.5

If you are running ML330 G3, then Smart Start Versions 6.30 and above are only supported.

So, ensure you check out the matrix before a server install.

Hope this helps and please dont forget to assign points:)

regards,
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi

One thins i can suggest when you are using the smartstart 5.50 an getting error info 76

Might be possible : server configured with a 32X CD-ROM drive having Model Number LTN-323 and Part Number 179137-714.

Change the CD rom to check again.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Symen
Frequent Advisor

4.07 D03-11/15/2002 is a BIOS for the ML330 G1. You are using the correct smartstart version.
-You could try removing as much hardware as possible (drives, as few memory modules as possible, pci cards, floppy) and see if that works.
-Can you boot from an other CD => does the cdrom drive work properly?