ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748216 Members
3446 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where can i get a NIC Firmware Update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Where can i get a NIC Firmware Update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

Hi there

Where can i get a NIC Firmware update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

Thank you very much for your feedbacks...

With kind regards,

Jan

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Gr├╝sse,
Jan
26 REPLIES 26
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Re: Where can i get a NIC Firmware Update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

Is it that what i need to update it not via OS, but via BIOS with pressing F9 on computer start?

-> https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/product?language=de&tab=driversAndSoftware&kmpmoid=1009483731&driversAndSoftwareSubtype=9000095&environmentType=2200021

Thank you very much for your feedbacks...

With kind regards,

Jan

Jan
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

After expanding the .iso file, i saw a file called "oc14-12.0.1345.0.ufi"... its that the firmware file for the network adapter?

Jan
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

-> And there seem also to be a lower version with its filename "oc11-12.0.1318.0.ufi"...

(?)

Jan
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Get a message like "Wrong firmware or no supported" device when i try to flash in BIOS (Option "Embedded ... ") with file "oc14-12.0.1345.0.ufi"...

SO: WHERE can i get the correct Firmware file for the Ethernet Controller in ProLiant ML350 Gen. 9?

Thanks you very very much in advance for your feedbacks.

Kind regards, Jan

Jan
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

From the link provided below, I understand that you require the firmware for the embedded NIC for HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen9 Server. The emdedded NIC is "HPE 1Gb Ethernet 4-port 331i Adapter".

A search in the HPE Support Center for firmware of this card reveals that the an offline version, does not seem to be available. Please refer to the firmware search results for "HPE 1Gb Ethernet 4-port 331i Adapter". Please click the 'DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE' tab. At the left, in the facet 'Software Type' click the check box for 'Firmware' to view all search results.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Thank you very much for your feedback - will look on it ASAP!!

Jan
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

One question more: Does somebody know there is an upgrade tool for Debian 11.x [Proxmox 7.x] ?

Jan
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Get this SPP and boot from to install firmware

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx?version=2021.05.0

This SPP has all Gen9 firmware except BIOS.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Thank you very much, will look on it!!  

Jan