ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753939 Members
9776 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Where can i get a SATA Controller FW Update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Where can i get a SATA Controller FW Update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

Hi there

Where can i get a SATA Controller Firmware update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

Thank you very much for your feedbacks...

With kind regards,

Jan

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüsse,
Jan
4 REPLIES 4
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Re: Where can i get a SATA Controller FW Update (free, no subscription) for ML350 Gen.?

What is the correct one for HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen 9?

"HPE D6020 12Gb SAS Disk Enclosure ROM Flash Component"

OR

"HPE D3600/D3700/D3610/D3710 12Gb SAS Disk Enclosure"

-> https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/product?kmpmoid=1009483731&tab=driversAndSoftware&driversAndSoftwareSubtype=9000214&viewCritical=false

And i can't find a Firmware upgrade which is OS-independent... all entries have a row which represents the OS (VMWAre, Linux, Windows) - but i need the FW file for upgrading via BIOS * (That "Embedded ... " option after pressing F9 on server start)

* Can i just expand one of that OS-dependent files and then extract the firmware file from it, so i can install it via BIOS?

???

This is all very very confusing. 

Jan
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

• Both the disk enclosures listed above are external to the server and hence cannot be updated from the server's BIOS.
  • They are connected to the server usually through the external connectivity ports on HPE Smart Array controllers.installed in the server.
  • These controllers are not designed to update the firmware of the extrnal connect dirtect attach storage encelosures from the Option ROM interface from POST prompt.
  • Hence, the firmware update has to be done from within the operating system.
  • Please review instructions in the 'Installation Instruction' tab of the firmware download page of the relevant Operating System for steps to update firmware.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

dev_intro
Regular Advisor

Thank you very much for your feedback - will look on it ASAP!!

Jan
dev_intro
Regular Advisor

One question more:  Does somebody know there is an upgrade tool for Debian 11.x [Proxmox 7.x] ?

Jan