ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where have all the p-class infos gone???

SOLVED
Go to solution
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Where have all the p-class infos gone???

I'm a newbie with p-class blades and enclosures and I googled alot about this issue. I found many links in this forum to the HP website but they are all dead. Especially those regarding anything about enclosure firmware and update... Where have all these websites gone? Has HP decided not to support the p-class anymore?
"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
2 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Where have all the p-class infos gone???

HP still supports these. I'm not sure I would go to the ML & DL forums looking for that info though. Plus I'm not sure how much support is done by HP (officially) through the forums either.

I selected a P class server at random and found the following manuals listed for it:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual〈=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64180&taskId=101&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=1121598

Here is what I found for the software support for that same blade.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3288176〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=1121598&taskId=135

Both of these have documentation and firmware upgrades listed not just for the blade but for the P class infrastructure also.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Re: Where have all the p-class infos gone???

Thanks for the links, I will check them....

I found the firmware for the rack infrastructure in the meantime. It's on the firmware maintenance CD. It's the only .bin file on that CD and it worked to update the enclosure with the HP windows utility.

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"