ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the 2008 Management Controller Driver?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MC Murphy
Frequent Advisor

Where's the 2008 Management Controller Driver?

On a new Windows 2008 x64, installing PSP 8.15B. HP Insight Mgmt Agent and HP Insight Diag Online Edition both fail prereqs, due to missing "one or more of the following":
HP Proliant Advanced System Controller Driver for Windows; HP Proliant ILO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller driver for Windows; HP Proliant ILO 2 Management Controller Driver for Windows. I have the 2 ILO pieces, but both say "software will not be installed because required hardware not present or software/firmware doesn't apply". I cannot locate the "HP Proliant Advanced System Controller Driver for Windows" I've hunted through the Download Drivers and Software pages for my DL180 G5 server - anyone know its whereabouts?
2 REPLIES
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Where's the 2008 Management Controller Driver?

The 100 series servers (pre G6) are not supported by the Insight Management Agents. They were designed as an entry level server with minimal management support (you go up to the 300/500/700 series if you want full HP management).
This has changed with the new G6 models that have just been released. These new generation 100 series now support the Insight Management Agents.

From the Quickspecs for the DL180 G6
----------
Enhanced ProLiant 100 series environmental monitoring that is similar and consistent to that of ProLiant 300 series servers and above. This server now offers the HP Insight Management Agents and HP Insight Management WBEM Providers, two well established sets of management and Internet standards technologies that provide capabilities which provide integration to HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM).
----------------
MC Murphy
Frequent Advisor

Re: Where's the 2008 Management Controller Driver?

Thanks - that's a picky detail with a particular model that tends to be hidden away.