ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752564 Members
4914 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Where to get missing brackets for 560SFP+ PCI card? Part numbers?

anthony11
Regular Advisor

@Sbrown wrote:
yeah man, for $15 i'd just bend the brackets or find a similar dual ethernet bracket and grind it out.
Intel is #1 !! emulex is #2
Intel is #1 in resale value!

It'd cost me way more than $15 to find another bracket, and I don't have the wherewithal to modify.  Resale isn't a factor, our gear is mostly leased.

I think it's the NC523SFP / QLogic Corp. cLOM8214 card that needs the .iso boot for firmware.  Glad I only have one of those to contend with.  I initially ordered a bunch of systems with an Emulex card, then had a gut feeling and changed the order to the Intel-based 560.  I was surprised that Emulex is still around, they made stuff back in the 80's for DEC and Sun gear, I'll never forgive them for the MD21.

Sbrown
Valued Contributor

Yup I grew up around the corner from them.

Did you ask HP for the brackets? They probably chuck the extra bracket into a box of "spare parts" after build lol. Worth a shot!
anthony11
Regular Advisor

I've asked the local person to work it out with their vendor and/or their local HP rep.  Hardware overseas has to be purchased by the local corporate entity so my ability to drive a resolution is limited, hence me looking for parts here in case they can't figure it out over there.

Any thoughts on whether a generic high-profile slot blank will fit in the vacated slot?  I would expect yep that the factory would have a box-o-parts.