ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753496 Members
4329 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Which HP model is the best for running database server and file sharing HP ML or DL?

choth
Occasional Contributor

Which HP model is the best for running database server and file sharing HP ML or DL?

Hello all,

I am using MS SQL server 2000 and I would like to have the server with best performance and speed. I would like to configure this server for file sharing too. Which HP server (ML and DL) is the best?

Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Which HP model is the best for running database server and file sharing HP ML or DL?

This is the HP-UX forum (Unix). You'll probably get more help by posting your question in the PC forum.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
David in Tennessee
Frequent Advisor

Re: Which HP model is the best for running database server and file sharing HP ML or DL?

I'll ignore the previous response. You need an answer to your question.

I would make a decision between the ML and DL based on cost, performance and expandability. If you need an internal tape drive and you are not constrained by size, I would recommend ML.

Even if you are a small IT shop, you can get some good ideas from a website that benchmarks price and performance:

http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_price_perf_results.asp?resulttype=noncluster

Many of the benchmarks are with SQL2000. Look at the executive summaries.

I hope this helps.