ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753635 Members
5675 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Which updates to download?

kerryjcox

Which updates to download?

I have some ProLiant DL360 G7 and DL360p G8 servers.  They are running ESXi 5.1 and 5.5.

Security architect has mandated updating iLO and BIOS.  Just curious as to which operating system I should specify when downloading the files? 

There is ROM Flash and RPMPaq firmware for the vSphere 5.5 package.  However, I simply want to make a USB-enabled boot disk and flash it from there.  Can't I grab the same files from the Windows Server 2012 link or RHEL 6 link?  The ESXi host on this server hosts Windows and ESXi systems.  Just need to know teh correct files to grab.

Does it really matter which operating system I specify so long as I can flash the BIOS and iLO?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Re: Which updates to download?

From the OS selection page for your product (either the G7 or G8), select the "cross operating system" link which is at the very bottom of the list. That's where you'll find the versions you can put on your USB bootable media for the basic stuff (system firmware, ACU firmware).

You can find other firmware updates for drives, ilo, for USB bootable media by going to any of the Redhat links and grab the .scexe file.

The scexe versions can be pointed at when booting into HPSUM from the ISO. Admittedly, I haven't done that myself ever since HP ditched the old dedicated firmware DVD method, but I understand you can boot into HPSUM from the SPP ISO, and then point to a USB drive or wherever that contains the extra SCEXE files you've grabbed and want to include in the firmware updates.