1748034 Members
5004 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Will the Rack mount kit for the ML370 G6 work with the G5

SC Foster
Occasional Contributor

Will the Rack mount kit for the ML370 G6 work with the G5

Pretty much said it all in the subject, I have both the ML370 G6 & G5.  Will the rack mount kit for the G6 (Part No. 515031-B21) fit the G5

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Re: Will the Rack mount kit for the ML370 G6 work with the G5

Hi,

Tower to Rack Conversion Kit is unique to server model. Its differenct for G5 and G6 servers, you will need following part for the G5 server:
400899-B21 - Tower to Rack Conversion ML370 G5 Kit

You can check on the following quickspecs:

HP ProLiant ML370 Generation 5 - Quickspecs

HP ProLiant ML370 Generation 6 - Quickspecs

Hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Will the Rack mount kit for the ML370 G6 work with the G5

A G6 in a rack-mount orientation has disks at the right side and the optical drive bay in the vertical position at the left side.

A G5 in a rack-mount orientation has disks at the left side and the optical drive bay horizontally at the right side.

Furthermore, a G5 is flipped from tower to rack orientation by turning it clockwise (as viewing the server from the front), but a G6 is flipped counter-clockwise.

As a result, I don't think the G6 rack-mount kit will fit the G5. The actual rails might be the same, but the front panel mask is clearly incompatible. As the front panel mask includes the latches/screws that stop the server from sliding out on its rails, I would say that installing the server without the appropriate rack-mount mask would be unsafe.

MK