1753394 Members
7167 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Win2000 install

Frank Heijne

Win2000 install

I'm tryning to install W2000 on a Proliant 1500 server with embedded SCSI 2/P controller.
When I use F6 during the install I receive an error that W2000 cannot write the CPQ32FS2.sys to D:\.....
I've used the Smartstart cd to install all the required software.
Can sombody tell me what I'm doing wrong or can you tell me what I must do to be able to install de compaq scsi driver?

Thanx
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

From what you have written, it seems that it's trying to install on the D drive. Is there a D drive?
If there is no data on the drives please run an erase and press F6 right before HW discovery.
Also since you are trying to install W2K, please make sure the BIOS is up to the latest. Here's the link:
http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/7548.html
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Frank Heijne

Mark,

Thanx for your reply. That is just the problem I think, how can i assign the drives to the scsi controller. If I run the ACU the software It says there are no drives but there are 5 drives 9,1 GB.
I can also install W2000 but after a reboot I receive the error that w2000 cannot access any drive ( because I cannot install the compaq drivers)
Victor Pendlebury
Valued Contributor

Hi

If I'm not mistaken, Smart 2/P is not configured with ACU but with F10 SCU partition ( I know it sound weird but PL1500 and Smart 2/P are old ! )

Hope the hint will help

Vic
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Frank,
Something is not right here. If you are using the Smart 2P controller then you should see the drives in the ACU unless we have a firmware issue. The file CPQ32FS2 is for the on-board SCSI controller. The 2P is a physical card.
Can you supply me your phone number and a time to call please. Too much to write.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!