cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win2000 setup hangs during unnattended setup

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Win2000 setup hangs during unnattended setup

I've been using the Smartstart Scripting Toolkit to deploy DL360, 380, and 580 servers with great success. Occasionally I have the need to install one of these servers that has a slightly different config than what my scripts will do. In these cases, I manually run smartstart, choosing OTHER as my os, then boot from a network client diskette and start a standard unattended install. This works great on the DL360 and DL380 but fails on the DL580. I get to the point where setup says 'Setup is starting Windows 2000' and it just hangs there. The server is brand new out of the box with no options added. I have dual 700 processors and 2 18gb disks connected to the integrated array controller. I have updated the bios on the server and array controller. A normal smartstart install works fine. Its gotta be a driver issue but I cannot figure out which one. Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Win2000 setup hangs during unnattended setup

I've solved the problem - partly. Our servers also had two KGPSA adapters; it's these that are halting the install, whip these out and the install proceeds as normal.

Why is this happening ?

Chris