ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751728 Members
5837 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Win2003 DL380 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Brian Allison_6

Win2003 DL380 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have a Proliant DL380 with Windows Server Std 2003 installed using Smart Start v7.1

The server periodically blue screen crashes with an error:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000A

Nothing is recorded in the event logs when this happens. I have done a memory dump, but have not talked to MS about debugging that yet.

Extensive searching has not found me a solution other than to point at some type of possible hardware driver issue. I have upgraded to PSP v7.4 hoping that maybe some new SCSI drivers would resolve, but the crashes continue. I have a Smart Array 6402 in this server attached to an HP StorageWorks MSA10 (14 bay drive array). Since this entire server is HP, no foreign controllers or NICs installed I thought I might find a solution out here.

Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2003 was applied to this server right after original install.

This issue has occuring for 8+ weeks. Sometimes it will go 10-14 without a crash and a couple times it has crashed mutliple times within a 3hr period. Very sparadic and inconsistent, though it always happens during business hrs with users on the system. Never happen overnight or on weekends when user traffic would be low or minimal.

Any ideas would be appreciated. THANKS!
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Win2003 DL380 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Brian Allison_6

KOV,

Thanks for your post. My server is a Proliant DL380 G4 running Win2003 Standard.

I did do the v7.4 firmware update prior to my original post, but thanks for the tip.

Since I am not running the x64 Edition, your second link may not apply, though I will check the version of my Smart Array driver.

I will try disabling the Smart Health setting to see what happens. This Blue Screen has occured probably 12+ times over the past 4 months, so I will try anything.

If you have any other ideas, I would glad to hear them.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Just do a drop of
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Or
0x0000000A
Directly at www.HP.com !!! you will get more results to go trough ...

had you check Microsoft KB ?