ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753808 Members
8267 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Win2003SVR Blue Screens when updating RAID Controller Driver

Spearhead

Win2003SVR Blue Screens when updating RAID Controller Driver

SP31160 is an upgrade driver for the CBS-6 Ultra ATA-100 RAID Controller. I am running 250GB ATA/133 HDD's and it's hanging constantly. I flashed the ROM with cp05919 and ran sp31049. When I "push" the new driver for the RAID controller the server reboots to Windows then BSOD's and reboots again.
Is there a way to bypass the controller altogether? I'm running RAID 0.
5 REPLIES 5
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Re: Win2003SVR Blue Screens when updating RAID Controller Driver

Hi!

Can you boot from "Last Known Configuration"?
Spearhead

Yes, that worked. It was how I able to get it back up and running.

THe controller is still crapping out, one drive is full and it takes forever to move data from one to another. I've added another drive but am concerned I'll make it worse by adding more work to the controller.

I really need the updated driver to work or is there a way to bypass the controller altogether?
Should I buy an aftermarket controller to get through this? I'm really concerend about losing data.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Ensure that the hardware that you use/adquire is certified by microsoft in the HCL.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Spearhead

Is it a foregone conclusion that the upgraded driver for this factory installed controller which is designed to accommodate large hard drives does not work?
Spearhead

Is there anyone from HP on this forum?
If I spend the money for a new controller I'm not sure I can disable the onboard one.
For the money it will cost for a 4-6 HDD COntroller I think I can buy a new server...