Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win2K Prof Image - Doesn't work on Dual processor Systems

Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Win2K Prof Image - Doesn't work on Dual processor Systems

Hi,

I created a Windows 2000 Professional image using DL360G2 single CPU machines. When I copied the image to a Dual CPU DL360G2 machine, Windows doesn't boot and gives me inaccesible boot device error? is there any way that I can instruct Windows that there are 2 CPUs in the new system?

Pl. help,

Thanks,
Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
2 REPLIES
Baumgartl Alex
Frequent Advisor

Re: Win2K Prof Image - Doesn't work on Dual processor Systems

Hi. Before you make a image from w2k single CPU, you must install the "Multiprocessor Kernel" in "Device Manager -> Computer" (ACPI - Muliprocessor PC). Then you can start the single CPU System an reinstall the single CPU Kernel. Now the Image from the Multiprocessor PC works fine (I think). cu Alex :-)
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Re: Win2K Prof Image - Doesn't work on Dual processor Systems

Hi,

It was due to the SCSI contoller mismatch on the target DL360G2 system. It has a Single Port Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter where as the source machine from where I created the image had Dual port card. [ However the type (Wide Ultra3) of the card and SCSI BIOS revisions are matching]. I think it is mostly due to a driver related issue.

Thanks,
Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn