ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748084 Members
5246 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Win2K installation problem

Stuart_36

Win2K installation problem

After installing the SCSI driver during the OS install I get the following error message: mraid2k.sys caused an unexpected error (1038) at line 1211 ind D:\nt\prviate\ntos\boot\setup\oemdisk.c

It appears that I'm losing my boot disk. Anyone know how to get past this?
4 REPLIES 4
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

Re: Win2K installation problem

What model server are you installing on?
What os?
what method (i.e. smart start assisted)?
What SmartStart Version?

Stuart_36

The server is a Proliant 2500 (E24)
OS is Windows Server 2000
Tried both smartstart and directly from the windows disk.
Smartstart version available is 4.10

You should know there is no smart scsi installed. I'm using a MegaRaid Express 500 card from LSI as the disk manager.

I'm able to create the Raid 5 array in bios but not able to see it when installing the OS.
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

off hand I am not sure how to use a third-party raid controller using an assisted win2k smartstart install. I would try doing a manual os instal, press f6 when asked for third-party scsi/disk driver. Then later when prompted for disk use the latest lsi megaraid driver, found here:
http://www.lsilogic.com/downloads/license.do?id=2000&did=5276&pid=2453

Proceed with the install as normal. Once the box is up and running I would immediately load the HP/Compaq ProLiant Support Pack, found here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1113.html

Good luck

mike B.
Stuart_36

Michael,
The problem is that I cannot complete the install. The install works fine up to the moment that I load the raid driver. Once the driver loads I get the 1038 error. it appears that loading this driver causes the install process to lose the CDROM and consequently fail to complete the rest of the installation.

I did find on the adaptec site a reference to this error which indicated I should reinstall the CDROM drivers but I cannot find the appropriate files. It will need the txtsetup.oem for a Creative Labs 24x CDROM.

Any ideas?