Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win2K8 R2 installation issue on new DL330 G6

SOLVED
Go to solution
oldcompgeek
Occasional Contributor

Win2K8 R2 installation issue on new DL330 G6

I just purchased a new DL330 G6 server. Using the smartstart CD (assisted installation), I tried to install windows 2008 R2 on the system. It gets to the point of asking for the Windows 2008 installation DVD and then takes about 5 minutes to come back and say the media looks valid and continuing. However, it then just hangs there with no DVD or Hard drive activity.

If I try to install windows 2008 R2 without smartstart I get a message that says:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.  If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.  Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step" 

I looked on line and a post suggested downloading the SATA RAID driver, which I did but the windows still is saying that it can not find the driver for the device. I guess it would be asking too much to have the error message say what device needed the driver.

Any ideas, I am all out.

1 REPLY
oldcompgeek
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Win2K8 R2 installation issue on new DL330 G6

Well, after a lot of searching, I found two cases of the same issue. Both ended up as bad installation DVDs. Either the burning process or downloading. I downloaded the iso again and the installation process is not getting stuck there anymore.