ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752795 Members
6039 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Win2k HP Proliant Smart Array Driver Install

Alan_98

Win2k HP Proliant Smart Array Driver Install

Im updating the driver for the smark array controller 5300 on my Compaq Proliant 570 servers running win2k server.
Wondering what the difference between a manual installation (as noted in the readme files of the updated driver) and an Auto Win 2k installation of the Driver as suggested by Microsoft. Is there a difference. Or is the manual install only for NT?
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Alan,
I am not sure if Windows update picks up the SA5300 controller updates from our site or not. There is no difference seriously. You can update anywhich way as long as it's uptodate. As for as I know I am sure the support packs released by HP are not part of MS updates. I hope this is what you're looking for or let me know.

Regards,
Alan_98

Hello
I just wanted to confirm- the manual installation appears to be for installing the drivers for the first time as part of the WIN 2k server installation. However if I am only updating the driver I only need to run the CP003718.exe.
Ive attached the readme file that I found after extracting the update. When I looked at the installation instructions at the HP site it didn't distinguish between an update and first time install which led to the confusion

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/18460.html

Thanks in advance
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Alan,
To do the first time installation or updating the driver you can use the same support pack. I know it's confusing sometimes but in the normal course once a server is built then not everyone updates anything till it's broken. Just to clarify it more for you if you would call Tech Support for the drivers for SA5300 you would be directed to download the same support pack whether it's the first time installation or just the update.

Regards,