cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win2k Repair

JayDee
Occasional Advisor

Win2k Repair

I'd like to run a Win2k repair on my Proliant ML350 G2. It has 2 mirrored SCSI drives connected to 64 bit dual channel Ultra3 host adaptor (no arrays).

I can reinstall the O/S using SmartStart, but if I try to do a repair, Windows can't find the drives. I suspect some drivers are not getting loaded, but if I press F6 during the Win setup to load SCSI drivers, it wants a setuptxt.oem file, which I don't have. Any ideas?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Re: Win2k Repair

JayDee,

Please run a complete format on the floppy drive that you are using to load the drivers on an XP machine.

After the complete format try follow procedure to extract drivers in the floppy and try again.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.
JayDee
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, Jamie. I have been able to extract the drivers-it's just that Win2K wants a setuptxt.oem file as well. I tried using a floppy with just the drivers, but Win2K requires the setuptxt.oem file and returns me to the initial screen.
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

JayDee,

I know you are able to load the drivers, but you need to completed format that floppy again, that is the problem that you are having, please do that and try again, your problem is going to be fix.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.