HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 Installation Message

Mark Elder
Occasional Advisor

Windows 2000 Installation Message

I have got to the point where I can initiate Windows 2000 installation using the boot diskettes and a separate drivers disketee with the drivers for the Compaq Smart Array 5300 controller.
Everything seems to be going as normal for a W200 install but not the Windows installation program is asking me to "Insert Disk labelled Compaq Support Paq for Microsoft Windows 2000 Storage Products"

I have various Product Support Paqs and driver downloads, none of which are labelled Compaq Support Paq for MS W2003 Storage Products.

Does anyone know what diskette or support Paq this is referring to and where I can get it.
It doesn't appear to be listed under the drivers list for W2000 for Proliants on the HP site.

All advice welcome

Mark
2 REPLIES
bulent_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: Windows 2000 Installation Message

Hello Mark. You have to make a scsi driver disk for windows 2000. You can download it from compaq driver site.

Then insert the Win2000 CD cdrom and boot the server. When you see the first blue screen start to press "F6" function key. After this system will prompt to insert additional driver diskette. Insert the diskette and fallow the instructions.
Mark Elder
Occasional Advisor

Re: Windows 2000 Installation Message

Thanks - in fact that message came after the F6 stage where I used the supplementary drivers disk.
I had to make a second diskette from the PSP CD with some other controller drivers on it that were not on the diskette.

All is well now and server is running.

Thanks for the response.

Mark