ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752815 Members
5877 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 2003 Automated Build SATA Driver Install

Richard Rees

Windows 2003 Automated Build SATA Driver Install

Trying to create an automated build disk for our blade centres. To allow rapid deployment. Have scripted all the items in that need to be installed but stumbling at the first hurdle.

I can see the SAS driver load, but after its loaded it says it can't find any local disks. I have included the driver in $OEM\TEXTMODE and changed the oem file to reflect the location.

I have included both the SAS driver and the HBA driver in the autobuild disk and it still says it can't see any disks.

The unit in question is a BL460 blade with 2x76GB internals and about 1TB of SAN disk.

I have ran the firmware disk 8.2.

Anyone had this problem before and managed to solve it ?? I am trying to limit the user input to a minimum so smart starting is not an option.

Cheers,

Richard.
3 REPLIES 3
Sangram_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Windows 2003 Automated Build SATA Driver Install

I would recommend using the nlite software to do the automation. It completely automates the process with almost no input at all.

If you have not tried it, give it a try.

www.nliteos.com

You will get all info, download and instructions. I have created many CDs using it for desktops, laptops & servers as well.
I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Richard Rees

I am using nlite, to create the installation. But the problem is with the driver supplied by HP. I can see it load, but once it loads it can't find any disks. Do I have to use a down level driver for the install then upgrade once installed?

Thanks,

Richard.
Richard Rees

Have managed to find the answer by trying random things. Under the bios there is a setting for a "Virtual Install Disk" If you disable this feature, the disks are picked up by the driver.