cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2003 RPD install failes at 29%

Daniel Matlock_2
Occasional Visitor

Windows 2003 RPD install failes at 29%

I am trying ot install some blade servers and it keeps failing at 29% at driver.cab file.

I am not sure what else I need to do to make it work
4 REPLIES
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 2003 RPD install failes at 29%

Daniel:

Can you offer any mroe information about the setup? Are you trying to boot from San? or local disk?

Have you updated to latest NIC drivers for RDP? Sometimes there are memory issues with the network transfer that cue the install to just "stop".

At this point, I think you would be at the point where your running setup locally, perhaps you have a corrupt file? Can you replace the source files?

Have you been successful in the past with the same install scripts?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Daniel Matlock_2
Occasional Visitor

We are trying to boot from a san storage. I am trying to use rdp to install from the eXpress share.

With regards to the last nics are you refering to the rdp server or the nics on the blades. If ther blades I am using release pack 7.10 in the eXpress share.

I hav also copied across a new version of the i386 for windows 2003 and I have build on of the blades via the virtual drive with this disk too.

We were successful before with the scripts before we added vlans to the switches. I am not sure if the switches can cause these problems.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

The drivers I refer to are the DOS level drivers RDP uses during the PXE sessions to copy files and stuff.

One thing to make sure when your building a Boot From SAN solution is that you ONLY present one path from your storage to the HBA. The easiest way to do this is to restrict by zoning out all additional paths.

Can you supply any additional information about the configuration your building? Storage Type? Blade Type? Switches Type?

Potentially, there could be an issue with VLANs and NIC drivers, but don't see why VLANS would cause the problem.

Where are you experiencing the issue? During the first textmode setup.. where Windows formats the drive and copies to source files to the local(SAN) drive? Or during the second textmode setup, just before it pops into the GUImode?

Are you using the proper settings in your scripts? HP has a small package for BOOT from SAN implementations.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Daniel Matlock_2
Occasional Visitor

We are using emc storage with emc switches. The blacks are the bl20's with the interconnecting switches.

How do I find out what drivers I am using as in the pxe cofigure i set it to default.

I am experiencing these issue on initial install and when i try to make an image of an existing blade.