1751967 Members
4761 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2003 Server / DL380G2

Graeme Davison
Occasional Contributor

Windows 2003 Server / DL380G2

We have just upgraded our 2000 Advanced Server to 2003 using the upgrade path. We have developed a bizarre problem in that we cannot get any internet connection or ping any other devices. However other computers can ping the server and bring up drive contents using \\\c$ etc. I have scanned for viruses and found nothing and all configuration is the same on network connections as we have only upgraded, I have obtained the latest 2003 NIC drivers but still no connections can be made

Thanks

Graeme Davison
6 REPLIES 6
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Graeme,
Windows 2003 Server is pretty stingy about Security settings. Have you verified those settings???

Regards,
Graeme Davison
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Apart from the extra seecurity settings within Internet Explorer, I can't find any settings which would prevent all outgoing traffic. I have noticed that the event viewer is reporting event id 264 NIC Agents that Component : Compaq NIC Adent Error. Unable to open the registry key "%1". This error can be caused by a corrupt registry or low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.
When you run Insight, the NIC section lists no network cards whereas our other server which is still running 2000 lists the two NICS and a virtual NIC.
Rebooting doesn't help and we have 1768MB of RAM in the server - memory hasn't been an issue before now

Thanks

Graeme Davison
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Graeme,
Please try reapplying the Compaq Support Pack and see if it does make any difference. If not then clear the NVRAM by going in F9. I believe it's under Advanced features. This basically resets the Hardware configuration. But try applying the support pack which will reinstall the missing or corrupt drivers.

Regards,
Graeme Davison
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I had already obtained the 6.3A support pack before the upgrade but when I try to install it there is an error :
The support pack is invalid because one or moreof the referenced components could not be located.
I don't know if this is just because I havn't set it up properly - we never used them before now.
This NVRAM, is that one of the options when you reboot the server and if it is carried out what effect does it have when you reload windows ?

Thanks for your help

Graeme Davison
Peter Frazer
Frequent Advisor

You may have to apply a system ROM update before the SP can be applied successfully. You may want to bring all your compnents up to current while you're at it (Disk, RAID card, iLO, etc.). See how that works.

Peter
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

Windows 2003 does not install SNMP by default which will cause some of the Agents to not install correctly. You can add/verify this through add/remove programs-windows components.