New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2003 Server on a Proliant DL380/733

SOLVED
Go to solution
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Go to saf mode then remvoe the unwanted error showing under the device manager then under normal mode reconfigure the PSP for the same server then after that.

try to acess the webagent.
http://servername:2301
What is the result it respond with.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brandon Powers
Occasional Advisor

It works the same if I'm in Safe Mode or not: I can uninstall the "HP ProLiant Advanced System Management Controller (non-ACPI)" device, but after rebooting it just comes back in the same broken condition.

There is no uninstall option for this driver in Add/Remove programs either.

Thanks,
Brandon
Frank Heinermann
Occasional Advisor

After the reinstall of the driver,the problems are still there. The Webagent give the following results:

NIC, Performance, Storage -> green

Version Control -> blue

Utilization, System, Recovery -> grey, No Informations available

If you are looking in old Insight Manager 5.5 the Server is only an Industry Standard PC, not a Proliant Server.

Regards,
Frank
John_602
Advisor

I am having the same problem with my dual processor DL380/733. Are these systems non-ACPI systems? Why is Windows 2003 determining that these systems are MPS pc's instead of ACPI. Every other DL380 I have are ACPI uni or multiprocessor pc's. Even my 1850R, which is the model before DL380s is ACPI uniprocessor pc.
John_602
Advisor
Solution

Well, I changed the computer from MPS multiprocessor(Halmps.dll) to a Standard PC(hal.dll) and now the driver is loading and everything is working fine. Everything shows up in insight manager now, and it properly indicates that the type of computer as DL380.
I was thinking about changing the hal to acpi multiprocessor pc (Halmacpi.dll) but I think I will quit while I am ahead, plus Microsoft says to be careful when doing this because an un compatiable hal will cause the computer not to boot.
John_602
Advisor

Forgot to add that changing the pc type to standard pc causes the pc only to use one processor. I am going to do some more testing today. Maybe change it back to MPS multiprocessor pc, to see if the card stays configured and the driver runs, the way it does with the hal.dll.
Frank Heinermann
Occasional Advisor

I tried to install the Industry Standart PC and it works (but only with one CPU). After that I reinstalled the MPS Driver and it was the same behaviour like before. I you have a singel Processor System this way is OK, but not for a Multi Proc System.
I wonder why Windows 2003 Server recognized the Server as MPS and not as ACPI System?

Regards,
Frank
John_602
Advisor

Frank,
Did you use the smart start cd to install your server? If so did your smart start cd have and option for windows 2003?
Also, when I go into system configuration using the smart start CD the operating system only has no options for windows 2003, currently i have windows 2000 selected. Is this what you also see.
Frank Heinermann
Occasional Advisor

Hi John,

I can also see only an Option for Windows 2000 Server, for this Server you can use only Smart Start 5.5, because the newer Versions are only for the G2 or G3 Models without System Partitons. I have looked for an update of the System Partiton Software, but I could not find one.
Perhaps this is what we need?!

Regards,
Frank
John_602
Advisor

Frank,
I started over and now the system is being recognized as an ACPI compatible computer and all drivers are loading. I can also see everything within insight manager. I have not loaded the lastest compaq support pack but I plan to shortly.
This is what I did:
I used the smart start CD version 5.4.
Ran system erase utiltiy.
Restarted system.
Smart start started and i choose to manually configure the system.
Choose Windows 2000 advanced server( English)
Configured the array for raid 5(note I am not using the onboard controller, I am using one in slot 4)
Set the controller in slot 4 to the primary controller.
Manually installed Windows 2003 from CD

The only thing different from the time I did this before was setting the slot 4 controller to primary and selecting windows 2000 advanced server instead of windows 2000 server.