1753818 Members
8645 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 2003 Shutdown/Restart Fix

Francisco Quesada_1

Windows 2003 Shutdown/Restart Fix

I have two proliant dl360 g3 (w2003)
I need this proliant patch, but in spanish language;if not, i can not install it. How to get it?

Windows 2003 Shutdown/Restart Fix for HP Power Management Software:

Resolves the following Microsoft issues:

Knowledge Base Article 819038
Computer with uninterruptible power supply does not start after power loss even after AC power is restored.

Knowledge Base Article 819037
Computer powers off unexpectedly if a program calls the ExitWindowsEx() function.

Knowledge Base Article 819760
Windows turns off the power after it shuts down the computer if a program calls the ExitWindowsEx or the InitiateSystemShutdownEx function.
6 REPLIES 6
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 2003 Shutdown/Restart Fix

hi,

i believe this is clearly stated in KB 819760:

Hotfix Information
A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem described in this article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This fix may receive additional testing to further ensure product quality. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft recommends that you wait for the next Windows Server 2003 service pack that contains this fix.

To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS

Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Francisco Quesada_1

Ok, but in

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_4764.html

HP has two patches, in english and japanese.
I suppose that HP will put more of these in other languages.

Is it true, or not? Have I to speak with Microsoft or with HP? Or have i to wait?
Marcello_10

i have a Proliant ML350 (Windows Server 2003).. with a SmartUPS scheduled for shutdown/restart... it goes to sleep but don't wake-up in the morning!
..So..
i have the same problem ..if the solution is to apply the kb819760 hotfix.. i can't because.. i have an italian version of Windows Server and here there are only English and Japanese(!!) version.

How can i get it?
Marcello_10

this night .. i try this manual patch.

1. Click Start, click Run, and then type gpedit.msc.
2. Under Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then expand System.
3. Double-click Do not turn off system power after a Windows system shutdown has occurred.
4. Click the Setting tab, click Enabled, and then click OK.

i cross my finghers...
Francisco Quesada_1

Talk to Microsoft. They sent to me the correct patch in spanish.
Marcello_10

After the manual patch described in the Knowledge Base article nr.819760, in the bios settings, i have changed a parameter that was blocking the wake-up in the morning. .. :-) now.. all works perfectly! (i have a Proliant ML350 and Windows Server 2003).