Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2003 on DL360

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sean Ahearn
Occasional Advisor

Windows 2003 on DL360

I'm trying to install Windows 2003 SE on a DL360. What is the latest version of SmartStart I can use. I set the array to a mirror and tried to install it boots off of the cd and starts the install process but when it gets to the part where it goes through all the drivers and says starting windows 2003 it just stops? Any ideas?
6 REPLIES
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 2003 on DL360

Sean:

Is this a Dl360 G1? or G2,3 or 4?

You should be able to just do a manual install using the Windows CD. I would grab the latest Smart Array drivers though and use them instead of any built-in SA Microsoft Driver. At the beginning of the install, Windows Setup prompts you to "Press F6 to specify additional drivers"

Make sure you have the SA controller river on a floppy.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Sean Ahearn
Occasional Advisor

I believe its a G1. Will SS73 work with that old of a box? Im trying to get the lastest drivers now for the intergrated smart array. Thanks for your input, I'll keep you posted...

Sean
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

The latest version of SS for use on the G1 is smart start 5.5. You will need to do a manual install.

I've seen the problem you're having many times. This is usually caused by having the OS set to "Other" in the SCU. The OS nees to be set to Windows 2000, then it will work.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Sean Ahearn
Occasional Advisor

Terry,
That was it. Thanks
Sean Ahearn
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to all who posted...