1748226 Members
4787 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2003 on Proliant DL380/766MHz

Diego Bertazzi
Occasional Contributor

Windows 2003 on Proliant DL380/766MHz

I have a problem installing Windows 2003 Std. Edition on a Proliant DL380/766 MHz server.
The text-only part of the Windows setup runs up to the point where it says "Setup is starting Windows" and then the server hangs: no response from keyboard (caps led dead, etc.).
I've already updated all BIOS/Firmware (including disks) with the latest Firmware Maintenance CD (v7.10).
I've already removed all hardware from the machine (Remote Insight Board and NC7170 Dual Ethernet board) but with no luck.
Anyone any ideas/hints ?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Diego,

When you changed the hardware configuration, did you run the system configuration utility (F10) to save the changes? This is important since assigned irq's and device address info for the slots which were previously occupied will be reserved.
It's also important to make sure the correct O/S is selected in the SCU. At the first screen, press CTRL-A to allow entry to the Advanced section. Choose Configure Harware and then View and edit details. Check that APIC mode is set to FULL TABLE in the Advanced section for Windows 2003. Checking these things will at least eliminate them from being the cause.

I hope this helps,

Brian

atr
Occasional Advisor

Hello,
we would like to install W2003 on a same server-hw. We had the same problems as Diego with the setup-booting. So we updatet all the Rom's installed and selectet Windows 2000 as the running O/S - there is no selection for W2003. In this case, I can't set the APIC mode to full table. How can we update to the newest "Configuration Utility Software"? Is there a table for showing wich SmartStart-Version we can take?
Thanks, Andrea
(sorry for my bad english)
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you will need SmartStart 5.50
Download an ISO image here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/Server/us/download/22678.html

Regards,
Stephen
Diego Bertazzi
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to all for the help.
The issue was solved by clearing all server configuration using the SmartStart CD.
atr
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for help. The problem was resolved with this..