ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752800 Members
5889 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 2008 Ent not compatible with DL 320s G1

Wanderli Brone

Windows 2008 Ent not compatible with DL 320s G1

Does anyone know where I can find more information on dl320s g1 not compatible with 2008 ent? I upgraded my G1 to Win2008 and now I am unable to install drivers, printers and other HP software.
Thank you for any clues
4 REPLIES 4
BOFH_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Windows 2008 Ent not compatible with DL 320s G1

>Does anyone know where I can find more
>information on dl320s g1 not compatible
>with 2008 ent?

The DL320s G1 was EoL before Server 2008 was released. That being said, no reason it shouldn't load and work.

>I upgraded my G1 to Win2008

From what?

>and now I am unable to install drivers,
>printers and other HP software.

Drivers for what?
Printers? Is the OS functional?
What other HP software?

There's no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid people
Wanderli Brone

I Upgraded from Windows 2003 to 2008, the server is also a BDC with other roles and backup server. I am having trouble installing the Symantec backup exec 2010 drivers, HP teaming software, printers. All other server functions are working okay, no error messages in event log point to any clues. When attempting to install the symantec driver I get the (access denied error message) for HP software unable to find hardware.
Thank You
BOFH_1
Occasional Advisor

Sounds more like software issues with Server 2008 than a hardware problem.

For the access denied message, try right clicking the app and select run as Administrator, or if running from a cmd prompt, launch the command prompt using run as administrator.

Are all the other drivers/software your working with supported with server 2008?
There's no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid people
Wanderli Brone

We tried both with no results, no apparent problems with the other drivers.Microsoft determined that a HP driver (halfinch.sys) may be the problem and I am contating HP again to follow up on this new information.
Thank You for your reply.