3785 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Windows 2008 R2 Install failure on DL 120 G7 B110i RAID controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
BrSi

Finnaly got past the "missing cd-rom driver" issue. But now is stuck with "unable to update boot, install cant continue (after waiting for all the copying and unzipping).

the "smart" start cd off course couldnt find anything on my install dvd either.

total FAIL.

i think i will install debian with kvm and just run Winblows virtualized on this product.

BrSi

Well, finally got the hp "smart" start to eat my w2k8-r2 (inkl sp1) disk. I think the problem with my first try was that it was i combined w2k8 disk.with all versions (enterprise, datacenter and so on) on this disk it cant find some file needed to continuing.

Waiting on first reboot.......

BrSi

The above mentioned solved it. It HAS to be the w2k8-r2 dvd with ONLY the designated version on it for the (not-so) "smart start" install to work. i am logging in to the system now (only one stop error) during the reboots).

GodsAdmin
Advisor
Solution

MS Download manager and Slow Burn speeds!!

Solved!

Thanks to the Server Support guy at CDW.  

His advice to me:  Use the new SmartSTart 8.70b disk just released by HP Dec. 1.  He suggested that I redownload the .ISO for the OS as well, use the Microsoft Download manager not the browser to handle the file transfer. (I thnk this was the key)  But most importantly burn both .ISOs at 4x or less!  Don't let the burning software auto select the burn speed.   It worked!  Not sure which one...but it worked.  

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
Chicagoitguy

I had the issue.

To resolve it, I burned the Microsoft OS on a DVD using 4X speed.

groedel

I have the same issue, when I use intelligent provisioning no matter what configuration I use it stalls at 27%, if I install using a ms product CD it tells me dvd/cd driver is missing. I have been unable to even get windows installed on this server, cannot find any resolution anywhere for install of 2008 R2 X64