1753482 Members
4205 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 2k Browser

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Windows 2k Browser

I have a ProLiant DL580 with W2K cluster installed on, when I check the event viewer I get the following warning message:

Source: Browser Event: 8021
The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master \\Server1-GC01 on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{8E9A3938-D82F-422A-99D7-5DFB25457F76}. The data is the error code.

Where the device is the cluster teaming network. Is There something I must configure on NIC?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 2k Browser

Reference Microsoft PSS ID Number: Q135404
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have been experiencing the same exact problem with the same exact configuration. The work-around for us is to disable the "Computer Browser" services on these machine, and make sure that whichever computer that is the designated masterbrowser has that service turned on. The "Master Browser" selection does not take place on these servers if you have this service set to "Manual"
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue on a new DL380-G2 server running both internal NIC's in a Fault-Tolerant Smart Team.
We do not have the option in the location this server is located to disable the Computer Browser service as it needs to be available for backup in case the other server were to have issues.

Though we are aware this is a problem with Microsoft, could Compaq try to come up with some ideas?

Thanks in advance...