ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752802 Members
5434 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

Duruel

Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

Hi ! everybody, I am trying to install Windows 2k server on a DL 380 G3 machine with Smartstart 6.00 integration software.
The post configuration with smartstart leads without any problems. [Raid Array Configuration, Post Windows 2000 configuration].
However when the smartstart reset the server to perform the windows installation, The windows 2000 installation screen complains with this following message : "CD-ROM IDE / ATAPI 1.2 / Controler Ide PCI" in unattended script file does not exit in the [SCSI] section of the Inf file txtsetup.sif ---Setup cannot continue----.
I suppose that I am experiencing a SmartStart bug, Does a workaround exist to solve this issue ? .
Hardware Plateform : DL 380 G3 / dual Processor 2.4Mhz, 2Gb of memory, Raid Array Controleur 5i+ with Battery Back Cache, Ide DVD ROM Reader.
Regards
Lo??c
2 REPLIES 2
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

I've never used 6.00 on a DL380G3 (only 6.10), so I can't say I've had this error. You could always do a manual install and then run the Compaq Support paq after windows is done installing.

It's been awhile since I've had to do a manual Win2k install, but I'm pretty sure you will need to download a driver diskette to use when booting to the setup CD. http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/15677.html

Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Re: Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

Although the DL380-G3 is supported with SS 6.00, I would recommend to use 6.10 or higher since there were some issues concerning soem of the tools on SS 6.00.
Also check your 5i+ firmware, if it is still on version 2.20, you'll have to upgrade to 2.36.

Rgds,

Gert Luyten.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!