cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

Duruel
Occasional Visitor

Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

Hi ! everybody, I am trying to install Windows 2k server on a DL 380 G3 machine with Smartstart 6.00 integration software.
The post configuration with smartstart leads without any problems. [Raid Array Configuration, Post Windows 2000 configuration].
However when the smartstart reset the server to perform the windows installation, The windows 2000 installation screen complains with this following message : "CD-ROM IDE / ATAPI 1.2 / Controler Ide PCI" in unattended script file does not exit in the [SCSI] section of the Inf file txtsetup.sif ---Setup cannot continue----.
I suppose that I am experiencing a SmartStart bug, Does a workaround exist to solve this issue ? .
Hardware Plateform : DL 380 G3 / dual Processor 2.4Mhz, 2Gb of memory, Raid Array Controleur 5i+ with Battery Back Cache, Ide DVD ROM Reader.
Regards
Lo??c
2 REPLIES
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

I've never used 6.00 on a DL380G3 (only 6.10), so I can't say I've had this error. You could always do a manual install and then run the Compaq Support paq after windows is done installing.

It's been awhile since I've had to do a manual Win2k install, but I'm pretty sure you will need to download a driver diskette to use when booting to the setup CD. http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/15677.html

Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Re: Windows 2k installation failed on DL 380 G3 Server

Although the DL380-G3 is supported with SS 6.00, I would recommend to use 6.10 or higher since there were some issues concerning soem of the tools on SS 6.00.
Also check your 5i+ firmware, if it is still on version 2.20, you'll have to upgrade to 2.36.

Rgds,

Gert Luyten.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!