1748228 Members
4463 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows 7 installation on HPEML30 Gen9

Nav2k

Windows 7 installation on HPEML30 Gen9

Hello,

I have just purchased a HPE ML30 Gen 9 and I cannot find much support information on installing windows 7 on it.

I need win 7 pro for an older application that is essential to run.

I have fumbled through and setup and enabled legacy boot but when I'm installing from the USB stick (that I've created from an ISO) it constantly hangs on the windows 7 icon.   I have also tried through ILO but it has a problem recognising the .iso file to continue.  Is it not supported?

Are there any guides out there? Most are for windows server versions and not win7.

I'm fearing I have just bought the wrong machine for the job. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Windows 7 installation on HPEML30 Gen9

While WIn 7 isn't tested or supported on that system, it may work.  Intelligent Provisioning won't recognise it if you are attempting an assisted install, but you should be able to mount the ISO in iLO virtual Media and perform a manual installation. The Win 7 media may not contain drivers for the NIC, but you should be able to use the ones for Server 2008 with  Win 7.

DId you use the Win7 USB creator tool to create the bootable USB key? Are you psoitive your ISO image isn't corrupted?  I know many run Win 7 on the Microserver Gen8. You might look through the home server forums for ideas http://homeservershow.com/forums/

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Vicky90
Occasional Contributor

Re: Windows 7 installation on HPEML30 Gen9

It in 100% possib;e to install win 7 pro 64 bit with 2GB GRAPHIC CARD QUADRO P400 & also with RAID 5 CONFIGURATION. Tested on (10.08.17). 

for more info conatact MR. Vignesh

Private Info Erased