ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753466 Members
4623 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows Device Driver for PCI Device" Missing on DL380 G5 PCI Device Driver - Windows Server 2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Beorn
Occasional Contributor

Windows Device Driver for PCI Device" Missing on DL380 G5 PCI Device Driver - Windows Server 2003

Windows 2003 Device Driver for PCI Device" Missing on DL380 G5

I have a "PCI Device" in the system devices listing of Dev Mgr. It has no driver and cannot discover one, although I believe it had one at one time. We restored an older system to this G5 and had to load the proper drivers after the restore and found network, etc., drivers but can't find the driver for "PCI DEVICE" - that's all the description it has for it. I believe, from doing a similar thing with another server (we're migrating upward!!), that this may have something to do with the ILO port, but I've tried all the ILO drivers and to doesn't recognize this device. How can I get better info on what this is and load the driver. I believe the proper driver is on the smartstart disk but can't get windoz to discover it. When I did the initial load from scratch, no device was missing a driver.
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing!
3 REPLIES 3
sebur
Occasional Contributor

Re: Windows Device Driver for PCI Device" Missing on DL380 G5 PCI Device Driver - Windows Server 2003

I think installing ProLiant Support Pack can help you.
David Beorn
Occasional Contributor

How do I do that - and what does it buy me? Diagnostics?
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

PRoliant support pack link

it has all driver and HP agents which can help you to monitor your server

extract and there is a hpsum.exe file just double click on it

or you can use a file bp*****.cmd which can install drivers too

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&prodNameId=3288134&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-9ec92499b7804ff09773e4ebbb
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!