108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Windows Server 2008 installation - Keyboard & mouse disabled

Chessmate
Occasional Visitor

Windows Server 2008 installation - Keyboard & mouse disabled

Hello all,

Since yesterday, I'm dealing with a very annoying problem :

I'm trying to install Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 on a HP Proliant ML30 Gen 9, but when I boot on the DVD, then get to the first step of the OS install, both my keyboard and my mouse cease to work.

As long as I'm in the BIOS, all USB devices are working, but it's just after the "Starting Windows" loading window that they stop to work (all LEDs turn off).

I tried to plug them in other USB ports, I checked in the System Configuration that USB options are all correctly enabled, but nothing changes, all my USB ports (even the one on the motherboard) are immediately disabled at the moment i'm entering into Windows install.

Has anyone run into the same problem with a proliant server or even any kind of server ?

2 REPLIES 2
AEV1412

Hello Friend!

I got the same problem in two Proliant ML30 servers...

The first gave me problems when installing Windows Server 2008 R2, and after so much time loss and never see another issue in forums except yours, I decided to install VMware ESXi 6 and with this had success.

The second, the one I'm currently installing have the same problem. After allow me to install VMware and the keyboard worked flawlessly, now cannot use the keyboard...

You had any solution from HP?

Alonso Enero

Chessmate
Occasional Visitor

Hello !

After a little conversation with the HP support, I learnt that Proliant ML30 servers were simply not compatible with any Windows Server 2008 version. So I finally had to install 2012 R2 and it worked perfectly.

You can go here if you want to see wich servers are compatible with the various Windows Server versions :

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#.V5hpp_mLRph

Hope you will find a solution that suits you.

Good luck !