ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748176 Members
4025 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows Server 2012 R2 are unable to boot after sudden power failure on DL360 and DL380 Gen10

gerry827
Occasional Collector

Windows Server 2012 R2 are unable to boot after sudden power failure on DL360 and DL380 Gen10

Hi Everyone, have you encounter this, Windows Standard Server 2012 R2 are unable to boot after sudden power failure or blackout. I encountered this everytime at my HP Proliant Server DL360 and DL380 both Gen10.  Also on HP Proliant ML30 Gen9.  I have to reinstall the OS everytime. Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

GERRY

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Windows Server 2012 R2 are unable to boot after sudden power failure on DL360 and DL380 Gen10

Hi,

It looks like a OS issue rather than hardware related.

On the other servers with same version of OS which does not have this behavior, do check and compare the following
What is the latest Microsoft update installed?
What version of BIOS is installed?

Thank You!
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

gerry827
Occasional Collector

Re: Windows Server 2012 R2 are unable to boot after sudden power failure on DL360 and DL380 Gen10

Hi Suman_1978, on the 3 models I have, DL360 Gen10, DL380 Gen10 and ML30 Gen9, I experienced this everytime.  While at my other Server, ML10 Gen9, i don't enocunter the same problem. 

AmRa
HPE Pro

Going forward in such scenario use boot from file option.

Steps to boot from file option:

1. Boot the server in RBSU.

2. Add boot option in RBSU:

i. From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration BIOS/Platform

ii. Configuration (RBSU) Boot Options Advanced UEFI Boot Maintenance Add Boot

iii. Browse for an .EFI application from the list and press Enter.

iv. Enter a boot option description and optional data and press Enter.

v. The new boot option appears in the UEFI Boot Order list.

vi. Move the new boot option to top of the boot ordered.

Vii. Selected Commit changes and exit from RBSU.

3. Allow the server to boot in OS.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
gerry827
Occasional Collector

Hi AmRa, thanks so much. will do this one...
techin
Super Advisor

@gerry827 , Is the issue resolved now?