New Discussion

Windows Server 2016 cant see any configured hard disk on ProLiant DL380 Gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
ShadQad
Advisor

Windows Server 2016 cant see any configured hard disk on ProLiant DL380 Gen10

Dears

i have a ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server with HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10  controller was working 

when i try to install windwos server 2016 the installer can not detect any created raids or disks 

all disks and components on that server is working fine according to iLo there is no single error message indicates any issue 

also I have noticed both intelligent provisioning and smart storage administrator not working
i have tried to reinstall intelligent provisioning according to HPE Documentation it says NVRAM ERROR
is there any other steps or guids how to fix this issue ?

2 REPLIES 2
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Windows Server 2016 cant see any configured hard disk on ProLiant DL380 Gen10

@ShadQad 

Please install Windows manually and during installation inject controller driver (Extract and mount from ILO folder)

Download controller driver:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_e37db508ad5f430eac4c2e8e05#tab-history

For NVRAM error, i would suggest to clear NVRAM as per below steps and check.

Incase ILO still shows NVRAM error then please share error snap.

clear NVRAM.PNG

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

ShadQad
Advisor

Re: Windows Server 2016 cant see any configured hard disk on ProLiant DL380 Gen10

thank you for your quick response worked as a charm