3038 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows Server Installation issue on HP Pro DL380 gen8

jovaan
Occasional Visitor

Windows Server Installation issue on HP Pro DL380 gen8

Hello there,

I am unable to install Microsoft windows server 2012 r2 in HP Proliant DL380e Gen8.

I downloaded the Evaluation version from MS site. When installing it asks for the license key through Intelligent Provisioning, for evaluation software there is no need for license key. But i gave the license key from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867.aspx. 

After the intelligient provision formatting, when the win 2012 loads up, I am getting the Error " No images are available" . I tried installing through USB and Disc. Still the same error is showing up.

Could anyone help me on this?

Cheers

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
PiterParker
Valued Contributor

Re: Windows Server Installation issue on HP Pro DL380 gen8

Hi m8, 

Did you try starting installation process during booting of the server not through the intelligent provissioning.  

I am sure you did but just double check, did you deploy your ISO file to the CD properly. If you use USB stick, in which format image is presented on the flash drive. 

Regards, 

Piotr

jovaan
Occasional Visitor

Re: Windows Server Installation issue on HP Pro DL380 gen8

Hi Piotr

Thank you for your time and reply!!!

The iso file in the CD is working fine and with the usb the image is in iso. 

I tried the installation through Intelligient Provisioning, if i try through normal booting, the system look for Smart Array HPCISSS3 Controller Driver [ HpCISSs3.inf ]. Tried downloading and extracting the file, Though it read the .inf file but it isn't installing  the driver software. looks weird!!!

Regards

Jovaan