ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753672 Members
5718 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows cannot find the Microsoft software license terms make sure the installation source are valid

KavanDalwadi
Frequent Visitor

Windows cannot find the Microsoft software license terms make sure the installation source are valid

Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation" while I install windows server 2016 on HPE Proliant ML30 Gen9 with Intelligent Provisioning

,I download the ISO windows server 2016 from microsoft website trial for 180 days

Secondary I try with USB bootable through install OS but installation time hard drive is not showing in window that time I load smart storage driver of download on hpe.com same server model but not work on HPE Proliant ML30 Gen9
1 REPLY 1
Kamalji
Frequent Advisor

Re: Windows cannot find the Microsoft software license terms make sure the installation source are v

To ruleout issue due to  inconsistent or currupt ISO image of Windows OS .

Please use another known good ISO to install Windows or download it again and then try the installation .

Before installing the OS ,make sure of the following .

-Reset BIOS to factory default
-Update server BIOS and firmware to the latest
-Update Intellegent provisioing to the latest .
-Try Windows OS installtion using IP with known good ISO or download it again to rule out issue due to currupt ISO image.

As reported during USB bootable installation of Windows 2016 hard drive not detected .
This is possibly due to incorrect driver .

ML30 Gen9 with HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller
Customer Notice :
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00049691en_us

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

Accept or Kudo