1752801 Members
5632 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Windows home server

thanauer13

Windows home server

I have a Proliant DL320 P3 1GHZ 512MB IDE with 40GB HDD. I can load Server 2003 or XP with no issues but I cannot get Windows Home Server Beta 2 to see the HDD. ROMPAQ latest. WHS is based on server 2003. It asks for controller driver which I have tried server 2000/2003 but NG. I am frustrated. I even had it loaded on a plain PC and took drive and installed it without any luck...Help
5 REPLIES 5
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Windows home server

Have you tried to set up your new server with SmartStart 7.70?

Usually this fixes these kinds of issues...

Good Luck!

Regards,

Louis
thanauer13

It will not use that version but I have tried the earlier version with no success, like I said server 2003 and xp have no problems what so ever. I will look futher into smart start.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It may be the fact that Beta 2 has a minimum requirement for the primary hard drive and 40Gb isn't enough.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1501074&SiteID=50

Brian
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

For the time being, I don't thinkthat would work, since the drives are not for that particular version of the OS.
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
thanauer13

I have tried different sizes of Hard drive as well as a different IDE controller. The new CTO beta version came out and I tried that as well. I am attaching the failure log, maybe some one can make sense of it.