ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)

Windows server 2012 R2 is automatically going offline

Shafeeqp
Occasional Visitor

Windows server 2012 R2 is automatically going offline

SERVER - HP PROLIANT DL 380 GEN9  

OS - WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2

I am facing an issue that my server is going offline automatically, But the server lights and harddisk lights are working. My applications also not working when the server is gone offline, also I am not able to connect remote desktop connections.  I am getting the display on the monitor but my keyboard and mouse are not acting during this situation. after the restart its working but after that again going to offline after couple of hours.

Please help me to sort it out this iisue.

4 REPLIES 4
DVortex
HPE Pro

Re: Windows server 2012 R2 is automatically going offline

Hello @Shafeeqp ,

The details you shared is not sufficiant to point the issue to the OS / hardware or to any particular application.

Are you observing any POST error while starting the server? - This will give an idea if any hardware is acting up.
Also, another good indicator is the health LED (Looks like a heartbeat sign) in front of the server - Amber / red indicates issue with the hardware.
Or if you have configured ILO - Check the server health status in ILO.

If all these are saying hardware is ok, then check from the OS side to understand. I would suggest checking the event logs to get OS entries.

Cheers,
DVortex

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
Shafeeqp
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your response,

Are you observing any POST error while starting the server?  

Yes, we are facing an error 313-HPE Smart storage Battery 1 Failure -  Battery shutdown event code 0x0400

Also, the health LED indicates as Amber sometimes it's going to be green.

Shafeeqp
Occasional Visitor

@DVortex  Kindly refer to the image

Server.jpeg

DVortex
HPE Pro

Hello,

It looks like the smart storage battery is failed in the server & needs replacement.

If server is under contract, please contact the HPE support & log a case to get the battery replaced.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,
DVortex

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!