ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753937 Members
9771 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows server 2019 install issues Dl20 gen10

Jaygee19

Windows server 2019 install issues Dl20 gen10

Hi I'm having issues installing server 2019 on a new Dl20 g10. Intelligent provisioning will not load the iso and from windows installer it will not find raid.

I've updated IP to 3.23 and the issue persists. It will not load the iso it starts to validate then blinks back to the previous screen.

So I went the other route and I'm still having issues.

I've pulled the appropriate driver HP smart array s100i from the hpe website and placed on a thumb drive. When booted into server 2019 install media it doesn't find valid signed driver.

Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

I believe you have already Configured RAID on the server.

HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID Driver Version: 100.8.0.0(A) will support Windows Server 2019. The previous versions of driver won't support windows server 2019.

Please find the download link below:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_16d787338ac1492fab47e5545e#tab-history 

Procedure:

To install Windows Server 2019, please boot the server directly with OS media and then perform the installation.

In order to detect the logical drive during the OS installation by the controller, please provide the storage controller driver referring the below steps.

>From the above-provided web-link, please download cp037222.exe and extract its content on a FAT32 formatted USB drive.
> Boot the server with the Windows 2019 image, it will come to the screen " Where do you want to install windows " & below you will see option load driver.
> Click on load driver & browse to the USB Key location where the extracted B120i Drivers are located & continue.
> Now the controller gets enabled & you will see the hard drives to select for the Windows Installation.
> Continue with the installation.

If the issue persists please try following

1. Check with a different copy of OS image.

2. Delete and re-create RAID and check. 

3. Please test with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2016 with the same drivers above.

If the issue is not resolved with the above actions, then please log a support case as this needs to be investigated.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Cali
Honored Contributor

I checked today, and did not see a DL20 Gen10 as Supportet for Windows 2019:

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link.]

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
fsofos
Occasional Visitor

It is been added (DL20 Gen10) as well as ML30 Gen10...

The list seems to be updated very slowly as validation takes months to complete...