1752275 Members
5096 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Wire Fault Messges Teaming NICS

Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Wire Fault Messges Teaming NICS

Have just teamed 2 NICs on several HP Proliant DL360 G2's running W2K3 SP2 with Insight Management Agents 7.90. On one server, in the HP Network Configuration Utility, it continuously displays 'Wire Fault' and 'Disconnected' for one NIC whilst the other displayes 'Available' and @1000/Full'. Approx 1 - 2 seconds later the messages are reversed on each card. ie the one that errored suddenly works and vice versa. If I look on the HP Procurve switch the ports are going from up to down then down to up on each card.

Also, if I go into the Microsoft Network Connections screen, it says the 2 NICs have a status of 'Network Cable Unplugged' although the Team connection says connected.

Anyone any idea what the problem is here?

Thanks

Lenny
5 REPLIES 5
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: Wire Fault Messges Teaming NICS

Hello Lenny,

What happens, if you try a Cross over cable on this NICs ?
TOE, RSS are these enabled ??
Refer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936594

Regards.
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Don't know what TOE and RSS is. Haven't tried a Cross over cable. Instead I did this:-

Remove the 2 network cables from the 2848 switch generating the problems into a 2524 switch and it works no problem.

This server is a citrix server, and I have another citrix server on the 2848 switch which is also teamed. They have both been built from the same server image. This other server works fine in the 2848 switch. I have upgraded all 5 switches on the site in question with the latest software but still the problem persists. Have even changed to different ports in the 2848 switch but it refuses to work.

Any ideas why this might be before I start wading through Microsoft TID's?

Thanks

Lenny
binoyskylark
Frequent Advisor

Hi

If you installed operating system from an image this issue will happen ,

u can easily solve your issue by the following steps

breake your team than save it

team it again and assign ip and all details , i hope it will work without any problem

Binoy

Binoy.p.p
HP AIS Blade system Integration
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

happy dude, this is a G2 server, it has no iscsi cards, so there probably won't be toe and so on.

Did you try to update the firmware with firmware maintenance cd?
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

I should have said the image is only a base 2003 image. The Network Cards have been teamed after the image has been dumped onto the server, and similarly all Citrix software and application have been installed after the image dumped. The OS software was upgraded on the switch by downloading the latest OS and using a TFTP server to download it onto the switch. Should I be upgrading the ROM too using this maintenance CD?

Lenny