1752571 Members
5167 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Won't Post/PS ?

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Won't Post/PS ?

I have a ML350 First Generation, that won't power up. The high/Low leds and the lights on each drive in the array flash every 5 seconds, the PS makes a slight buzz, then nothing. Can't find a word about it in the Trouble guide. Anyone know whats dead?

Rick King
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Won't Post/PS ?

In a situation like this, you may be able to detemine what the problem is by reducing the server to a minimum hardware configuration if you have already reseated everything and checked all power connections. Remove any additional memory that was added, remove any PCI cards on the PCI bus. If it still doesn't power up, then it could be the power supply itself or the system board.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks Ben, I checked out the usual items. I had emailed Compaqs new Esupport and they replied that the visual indications were a bad PS, Called tech support and they shipped one overnight. I replaced it and everything is fine.

Rick King
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Juergen Beck/MTF St. Gallen Switzerland, I have the same Problem and nothing seems to help. Change everything systemboard, controller, Ram, Prozessor, but no way to bring up this server. leave eveything out only systemboard and power
sam result. hope now that the third power supply will change the situation. lucky about that i am not the only one with that problem