7879 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Won't Power up Proliant 800

SOLVED
Go to solution

Won't Power up Proliant 800

Hi
I have a Proliant 800, It whent ofline and now it won,t start up, There is no fan, no HD.. The front LED (HD) is blinking green, and there is som LED on the motherbord blinking red.
I have tried to check all cabels, removing all HD disk ( that only make the LED blink faster) and I also tried to remove the RAID controler... and stil the system did not power up.
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello David,
Have you tried removing the Array controller completely and then try to reboot?? Do you have a Remote inside board in the system?? If yes then remove it and give it a try. Please try reseating RAM and CPU as well. Also please let me know as to which red light is flashing on the system board. On the back of the cover usually all the info is printed.

Regards,

Dear Sunil Jerath

I have tried to remove the Array controller completely, and stil It didn't help.
I don't have a Remote inside board in the system

There are to red LED on the system board that ar blinking ( slowly ) the no are CR511 and CR522 ( P1 ERR )

All the LED on the Array controller is also blinking in same rate as the other LED.

After every blink there are a littel sound like som fan try to start.

Can it bee the Power Supply ? or is it some thing else?
thank
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello David,
Is the power supply fan spinning?? If not then that is the problem. Also check the other system fans as well.

Regards,

Thank

I disasblet the power supply and reseated the power supply fan and did clean it whit an air spray. That did the trik, the System is now running angin.

I wil trye to get a new fan four the power supply or change the hole power supply.

/David
Steve Van Krevelen

One of my Proliant 800 servers will not power up. When I turn on the switch, I get 2 blinks of 2 red LEDS on the motherboard along with 2 blinks of the disk LED. No fans or other signs of life. I replaced the power supply with a brand new one about a month ago. Is this an indication of a motherboard failure or has the power supply failed again? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you