ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748181 Members
3919 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Working NIC shows "UNKNOWN" in ILO!!

grinningdevil
Frequent Advisor

Working NIC shows "UNKNOWN" in ILO!!

Guys ! 

Server is DL380G9 

Both NIC Adapters are working fine - but are showing "UNKNOWN" in ILO console.   Attaching the relevant screenshot. 

What can be done in this case ? 

( The iLO Firmware is on 2.30 Aug 19 2015 )

Please suggest!!

8 REPLIES 8
parnassus
Honored Contributor

If I were you I would seriously consider to upgrade your iLO4 2.30 Firmware to latest 2.40 release and see if the NIC(s) reporting fixes.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
grinningdevil
Frequent Advisor

Oh yes, I am thinking of following these steps in sequence - 

1. Upgrade/Reinstall the following -

(Read it in one of the forums that this has fixed it for him ) 

HPE ProLiant Agentless Management Service for Windows X64 (American, International)

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7271242&swItemId=MTX_47c59ba740eb4eb2aee3538e25&swEnvOid=4064

2.   Second step that can be tried if above doesnтАЩt work is to upgrade ILO Firmware from 2.30 to 2.40

3.    Finally, you can suggest upgrading the SPP of the server depending on the OS compatibility. For Gen9, following is the latest SPP available тАУ

Anything else I can try ?!!

parnassus
Honored Contributor

I'll consider the iLO4 update the very first step do to since the latest 2.40 version fixed some issues NIC(s)-related (read the relevant Release Notes).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

The solution is shown as a warning on the same screenshot you've posted.  Load the Agentless Management Service. 

Hi, currently, i am facing the same issue. any suggestions? i tried installing the agentless mgt service, it started showing the ports but later when i rebooted the server the AMS gone and port status went unknown once again. i did upgrade the firmware! how did you solve this or was it never resolved?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> i did upgrade the firmware!

What version?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Amit_naive wrote:

Hi, currently, i am facing the same issue. any suggestions? i tried installing the agentless mgt service, it started showing the ports but later when i rebooted the server the AMS gone and port status went unknown once again. i did upgrade the firmware! how did you solve this or was it never resolved?

What do you mean AMS gone? did the service not restart after the reboot? Is there anything in the OS logs with error information with AMS?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
MNKPR
Occasional Visitor

We have an issue with 12 HP G9 Proliant servers with HPILO - 4

All 12 servers with same versions for firmware,drivers, etc. SPP runnig with SUSE LINUX 12 SP2.

all servers have the same configuration.

HP-AMS is not installed in any of the 12 servers.

Each server has two NIC Cards 

- Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331i Adapter

- Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 366T Adapter

All servers (even without HP-AMS) show the status of the ports in HP-ILO  for the NIC card  Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331i Adapter

Only 2 out of 12 servers show the status for both cards  Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331i Adapter and Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 366T Adapter (without HP-AMS)

All servers have the latest SPP loaded, same firmware same card, same network configuration.

Why only two servers show status for all cards and the other 10 do not show the staust only the MAC Adress no status for Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 366T Adapter?

We do not what we should do?