Did you mean: 

Working With ILO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tarek Majdalani
Occasional Advisor

Working With ILO

Hi,

I have DL380 G3 servers, and would like to know how I can work with the ILO port.

Is there a sheet where it shows how to configure the ILO port, and then be able to connect to the server using the ILO port.

Thanks,
Tarek
5 REPLIES
ess
Super Advisor

Re: Working With ILO

hi
you download this pdf HP Integrated Lights-Out 1.80 User Guide.
this pdf has useful for you.
Cederberg
Honored Contributor
Solution

essentialy you just press F8 under the boot when it loads the ILO firmware to get into the config menu for ILO and set an IP adress and change the admin password. Then you can make the rest from the WEB gui
Tarek Majdalani
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the usefull info.

One last question, which is considered to be a best practice:

1- Having the ILO ethernet cable connected to same LAN as servers

2- Have the ILO ethernet cable connected to their dedicated Switch
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

It works both ways and I don't think there is a best practice on that but if you are planing a large enivroment i would separate the two.

The pluses of sepparating them can be that you don't "waste" IP adresses on ILO's on your Server vlan. And you get a better structure.
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

I'm not sure what OS you are running on your DL380 G3's, but if you're running W2K3 with .NET 2.0 installed, they have an online configuration utility for the iLo. It works quite well. The latest version is 2.1.0.1.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316529&prodNameId=3288130&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-4a29e4a6ae704efca1eecf3cf4