ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752796 Members
5770 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: acu did not detect any supported controllers error on ESX?

sergeda

acu did not detect any supported controllers error on ESX?

Hi all.
I've got problem with using ACU to configure my storage. Initially I've created raid on Windows OS. Now the storage is working and 3 ESX 3.0.2 servers using it. Recently I've added more drives to storage and want to configure additional raid on my MSA 1000. But I haven't Windows servers in place. Theese 3 ESX servers is the only servers in place. I've setup ACU on one server but when I trying to use it - it results in "acu did not detect any supported controllers" error. I have FCA2214 Host Adapters and ESX use it successfully to access MSA 1000 raid. What should I do to be able to use ACU on ESX 3.0.2?
9 REPLIES 9
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

ACU only supports Smart Array controllers:
e200
p400
5i
6i
p600
p800

other type of controller ACU is going to generate that message:
"acu did not detect any supported controllers"

also FCA2214 is not a Smart array controller it is a single channel, 64-bit/133 MHz Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter

Regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
sergeda

Thank you Karlo.
But what should I do to add second raid to my MSA 1000 in this situation. I'm sure I did this on this hardware with this FCA2214 Host Adapter through the browser. The only diffrences - OS.
e4services
Honored Contributor

You said you "used Windows to create RAID", so you have used the Windows Software Mirror and have a software mirror and will have to use Windows again to create other soft mirrors.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
sergeda

e4services
No, I am not using software mirror. As I said above I just use HP software under Windows to create raid on my MSA 1000. Now I should create additional raid but have only linux in place on the same hardware connected to storage by fiber fiber optic cable. Is it possible to use some HP software to add additional raid on free space of the MSA 1000 storage? And is it possible to be informed by some HP software if some drive in the raid failed?
sergeda

Can somebody help me? How can I configure raid on MSA 1000 under Linux?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

There's ACU and ACU CLI for linux.
ACU can configure the MSA1000 controller connected through the FCA2214.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/3331.html

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/8723.html

The HP Array Configuration Utility for Linux requires the HP System Management Homepage software to be installed on the server.
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

I think you are looking to configure the MSA1000 with array using Linux.

First you need to use MSA1000 Support Software CD for Linux & compiled the kernel for supporting MSA1000. Then load the driver for the FCA2214.

Refer for more detailed instructions:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00031987&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Hope this helps.
sergeda

Thanks for trying to help me. As I said I have installed ACU under linux and I have installed HP home page before. But I can't configure the MSA1000 controller connected through the FCA2214 using ACU. It said "acu did not detect any supported controllers".
habibalby
Frequent Advisor

HI Sergeda,

Did you get to configure the MSA1000 while it's connected to the ESX Server?

How did you do that?

Can You help me please, as i'm stickling to configure the HP MSA1000 with ESX Server.

BR,
Habibalby